Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 1: Hanging on to my "Roots"


I was inspired by Bridget to start a 365 Project for 2010.....since following hers I have got to know her and her awesome family plus get the first hand news on the best movies!
I am beginning this first picture of a tree in my back yard to represent the "roots" that I am hanging on to. While blog hopping Pinky had this posted on her blog and it has really helped me open up my eyes.....and you all know I have vision problems ...so this did take me a while to see!Pinky is one of the most honest and strongest ladies I have met on the internet plus sooo talented!

Madea's play:I put everybody that come in my life in the category of a tree. Some people are like leaves on a tree. The wind blows, they over there. They unstable. Blows the other way, they over here. Seasons change, they wither and die, they gone. That's alright. Most people in the world are like that. They just there to take from the tree. They there to take and give shade every now and then. That's all they can do. But don't get mad at em, that's who they are.
Some people are like a branch on that tree. You gotta be careful with them branches too cause they'll fool you. They'll get there and make you think they a good friend and real strong, but the minute you step out there on em, they'll break and leave you high and dry.
But if you find you two or three people in your life that's like the roots at the bottom of the tree, you are blessed. They're the kind of people that ain't goin nowhere. They ain't worried about bein seen, don't nobody have to know that they know you, they ain't got to know what they doin for you. But if them roots wasn't there that tree couldn't live. You understand? When you get you some roots hold on to em.
But the rest of it you let it go. Just let folks go.~Ain't nobody said it was gonna be easy but it'll get easy when you learn how to love yourself. If you tell somebody that "what you doin is hurtin me and I need you to stop" and then they keep doin it, they don't care, move on, let em go. No matter how much it hurts, let em go. And it'll get easier I promise you. Every day it'll get easier and easier and easier. You just gotta make it through.
I know this is probably an strange way to some of you to start my new blog but it is something that has to be done for me to be me and for me to learn to stop letting people abuse me. And I am just learning to let 'em go and hanging on to my roots!
Thank you Pinky from the bottom of my heart for posting this!
I encourage you to watch this videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBI4Bh2z9W8

6 comments:

  1. HI there Brenda! I am doing Project 365 as well! Inspired by Bridget too! Good luck! I am getting organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is great! I am so glad it helped someone else besides me :) Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tree story..I live the tree story...it makes you stronger and the people n your life som much richer for it,..hugs my freind..I miaght need to start the 365 day project too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Madea...thanx for sharing this with us Brenda...your a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Brenda, that is so awesome.. I love it, thanking you for sharing it. I think most of us need to learn that lesson. hugs

    ReplyDelete