Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 31


Wow I just took notice I didn't post my picture last night! I might need to drink the "focus" Vitamin water more! Same home and watched my Sunday Night line up and fell asleep.
We had dinner at my sons and daughter in laws last night Angie makes the best enchiladas!!! I was soooo stuffed. I am so blessed to have her as a daughter in law!
Here is a picture of their cat hope I can spell it right Cucuy means hairy monster in Spanish. This cat is huge the floor moves when he walks!!! He has lost some weight his tummy use to be sooo close to the floor! He also is a Polydactyl cat meaning he has 8 toes!! And I do think that those tye of cats are a little bigger than other cats.
here is Angies recipe:
2 lbs ground beef
2 cans of chili with beans
1 small onion (chopped)
1 bag of shredded cheese or more depending how cheesey you want it.
2 small cans of red enchilada sauce (mild)
18 corn tortillas
chili powder
Heat chili in sauce pan, add a can of water for each can of chili. Add salt, pepper and chili powder to season. When heated, scoop out meat and beans and put into a bowl. Keep chili sauce heating in pan on medium low heat. Cook ground beef, add chopped onions, salt, pepper, and chili powder to season meat. When meat is cooked, mix it with bean and meat from chili. Set off to side. Dip 1 tortilla at a time in chili sauce until it is softened, do not let it get soggy. Layer them in cake pan like you would for lasagna. Should have 6 for each layer, covering the bottom of pan. Add a layer of meat and bean mixture. Add a layer of cheese. Pour some enchilada sauce to cover 1st layer. Repeat with 6 more tortillas, meat mixture, cheese and sauce. Should have 3 layers. On the last layer, pour some of chili sauce on top before the cheese and enchilada sauce to keep moist.
Bake in oven on 350 degrees, until cheese is melted.

3 comments:

  1. The recipe sounds yummy. I lOVE the cat.. he kind of looks like my pete...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, now that sounds fabulous! We are HUGE fans of Mexian food, actually, we have mini burritos on the menu for this week! It's a new recipe I found that just looked too yummy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this whole post! I went looking for the recipe you mentioned. This looks YUMMY! Copied and printed it, can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.

    PS, I too am a single mom... I know exactly what you're saying.. and you're welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete